I’m back as promised and have a DIY gift to share. I made it for my friends on Valentines’ Day this year and thought there might be a few points that I could share to those of you who like this idea. So for this gift, the tutorial is over at Crème de la Craft and she provides a step-by-step guide on how to create it.
Her guide is pretty comprehensive, and the gift is relatively easy to do especially since the materials are easily available. This is a really sweet gift cause it is filled with so much wonderful memories! Some points that I could share would be as follows:
- So the printer I have at home doesn’t exactly print out well and so I went to get my photos printed at the shop, in 4R. So for those who are going to get them printed in 4R size, your pictures would be at 4″ by 4″ and your cardstock should be 8″ by 4″. It’s still a good size and
- For the chipboard, you’ll be wrapping it up anyways, so it can be any cardboard. I used cereal boxes and cut them at 4.5″ by 4.5″.
- Something to keep in mind when wrapping the chipboard is that the edges have to be presentable too. So you might want to take note the overlapping wrapping paper.
- When measuring the length of the string, make sure it is done when the book is closed. If not, the string might be too short!
- When pasting the chipboard onto the book, you might want to note that if you place it right in the center, opening the book could be a bit of a problem cause the spine would overlap. Therefore, pasting it a bit more outwards might be better.
That’s about all I have to share for this lovely momento. If you have any questions or something to share, please feel free to! ((: